THOMAS ANDREW SMITH
Venice, CA 90291
Overview of skills:
Website and Web Application development. Web forms, Apache webserver administration, web application programming, CGI programming. HTML/XHTMl CSS, PHP, SQL
Web platforms: WordPress, OSCommerce, Zencart
Tools: Vim, ssh, UltraEdit, MySQL, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
Comfortable on any workstation: Linux, Windows, Mac OS, prefer PHP OOP (Object Oriented Programming)
SilverSource.com – September 2003 – 2009
Webmaster in charge of site development and e-commerce functionality for successful online wholesale silver jewelry import/export store. Developed new functionality for OSCommerce/Zencart and WordPress. Performed systems administration of dedicated server. Extensive familiarity with Authorize.net, UPS.com. This was not a full time job, more a very active client. All work performed remotely.
Supernation LLC – September 2002 to July 2003
PHP Programmer working in conjunction with CTO and Flash designers to implement dynamic PHP driven Flash site. Briefly, each visitor to the site got a custom Flash animation, driven by php/mysql programmed variables.
- PHP Coding
- SQL Query Generation
- Database design and table creation
Orion Computing Technologies – November 1998 to December 1999
Project Manager in charge of creation of client websites and integration of Orion portal site.
- Project integration, scheduling and delivering websites
- Network administration, with some hardware and software support
- Installation and maintanence of Microsoft SQL Server 6.5
Computer Science Corporation – November 1995 to January 1997
Computer Technician/Webmaster, primarily servicing the Hughes Aircraft Corporation account.
- Creation and maintenance of Intranet website, using HTML & Lasso CGI scripting language
- Installation and second level support of MacOS and Windows 95
- Set up and configuration of Windows NT 4.0 server and workstations, Linux servers
- Creation, maintenance and technical documentation of server and desktop software image for CDE (Common Desktop Environment) and software vending project, via intranet website
Private Consulting – 1995-Present
It is worth noting that i have functioned as a private consultant throughout my career, servicing muliple accounts at all times.
IT Services provided:
- Desktop support
- Operating system upgrades
- Driver installation
- Hardware and software recommendation
- Hardware replacement
- RAM, hard drive, video, pci card replacement
- Web development, cgi programming
- Filemaker Pro (ages ago, I’m not looking to work with FMP)
Other non-IT, non-web development experience
- Commercial, residential, scenery, finish carpentry. Construction experience, journeyman carpenter, 1985-1995
- Series 7 stock broker, 1989